The Philadelphia Youth Media Collaborative strengthens, connects, and promotes organizations that engage youth in the creation, analysis, and distribution of media. Our network of youth media educators and producers supports youth in becoming creative media makers, critical thinkers, and engaged global citizens. Together, we work to advance a healthy democracy that values youth perspectives and contributions.
Key goals of the network are to:
- Strengthen the youth media field locally and connect to national trends and opportunities
- Build awareness of the value and impact of media arts education
- Increase the visibility and accessibility of available youth media programs
- Expand opportunities for professional development and network-building for media educators and for youth participants
- Maximize and align resources to sustain high-quality programs and to establish ladders of progressive learning and career opportunities for youth
- Create and promote dynamic platforms to showcase youth media productions and programs, engage new and underserved audiences